Monday, November 16, 2009

Taking Chances


Well, raining like a mofo here... obviously, right? It's Vancouver, Linnaea. Hmm... perhaps I need to revisit the whole rain gear situation. Need booties for sure.

Weekend was awesome... Friday night's Prohab Bike Calendar Release Party was awwwesome. Burnside's band, Tight Solid, was awesome, as was Rodrigo's The Good News. Also, sweet DJing of the retro variety by Dustin et al.


Saturday was booooring at work - slow and rainy. I don't think I've worked a full Saturday in awhile. Saturday eve was spent with Josh and Paul and pizza and beer (well, no beer for me... ugh).

Sunday - went to visit the Nana with Jane. Sad to see her as she is now - in a wheelchair and unable to speak with the progression of Alzheimer's. Had a good chat with Jane though, so that was cool.

Then homework homework homework.

Wish my throat wasn't so yuck. Having some problems doing radio interviews with people and also feel like belting out Don't Stop Believin' for some reason. haha.

School's school's school... busy, still a little uncomfortable in places but getting better, boring at times (I know this stuff already/could figure it out on my own in 15 mins, why do I have to sit through a three hour class for it?), fun getting comfy with a good group of friends though.

Training? Nil. Annoying, frustrating. I seem to get the urge to go running at very odd times - this aft as I was walking to the Skytrain to go downtown to pick up my package via Jeff at Phantom from Claude (which was awesome by the way - Cog Magazine, Philly courier manifest, gorgeous earrings), I suddenly wished I were wearing running shoes instead of sandals and wish I had three hours off to go for a jog rather than not. Wish I had those urges when I got home.

But, bonus? Ran into Corporate Geoff outside of Phantom and he's agreed to do a clip for my voicer project for Broadcasting class - awesome.

Biked home in the rain down Broadway. Loved it. Totally thought I was getting the hang of fixed. Thought as I rolled up to the apartment, "Hey, I think I feel confident enough to try some trackstand practice in our underground parking garage." Rolled in, went to turn left to go around a pole and my tires slipped out from under me and I went down hard on my left side, somehow scratching my hip and dinging my elbow, which might turn the colour of blueberries, as per the usual... sigh.
Well, back to homework homework homework...

Photo du Jour:

Attacked by mini-Wolverine... that jerk...

Quote du Jour:

For Becky... erg. Sorry babe...

"There is a certain relief in change, even though it be from bad to worse; as I have found in traveling in a stagecoach, that it is often a comfort to shift one's position and be bruised in a new place."

Music to check out:

Snow Patrol ft. Martha Wainwright - Set Fire to the Third Bar (very chill)
Royksopp - Royksopp Forever (also chill... good song to train to on a z1 workout)
Anya Marina - Whatever You Like (sweet accoustic of the T.I. song - thank you GG for presenting this...)
Music from Glee (good redos of hits... amazing voices...)

1 comment:

  1. Noooooo!! Not some of those STYLISH booties! Stay strong! Get some of those crazy green farmer boots with felts in them!

    Oh, and I can totally hear you scratching out "Dooooonnn'tt stop!! Beliiiiiiiving!" Belt it out sister.

    Keep 'er real.

    Cheers,

    Cote

    ReplyDelete