Sunday, September 19, 2010

25


I'm 25. When I was a kid, I thought things would be much different when I turned 25. Maybe I thought I'd have it all figured out. Maybe I had this idea of what the life of a 25-year old should be. Maybe I'd watched too many Disney movies. Maybe it doesn't matter. Things are how they are and I'm enjoying how they are despite maybe not following certain life tracks...

Went sailing with Moses on Friday. It was actually pretty funny - when I showed up to his house, my friend Andy was chilling on the next door neighbour's deck (he lives there) and I invited him along (because it was his birthday). At first he said no but after a little prodding, he was in. We headed out in Kiwi, Moses' newly acquired 24-foot boat and the weather cooperated - the sun came out and there was enough wind to jaunt around English Bay. Then it was back to shore and there we met a very cool chick. This girl, Julie, walked (walked!) from the Mexican/U.S. border all the way up to the U.S./Canada border. How crazy/cool/interesting is that? She heard about it once and, on a whim, mentioned it to a couple friends. They came back to her a month later and asked if she was serious and eventually away they went. It took her from April to this past Sunday... imagine that... just hiking along... the continent! Very cool.

Birthday party last night. I went and did a burn UBC lap after work (wasn't going to but I'm glad I did) and arrived home just in time for three cakes, bubbly, snacks, awesome people, bliss. I like when everyone gets together and they mesh well and have fun. I know, I know, cheesy, Linnaea. Oh well. It was fun.

So, going to start actually training. I prefer life when I'm training. And not in an, "oh geez, I'm fat, I need to do something about this" though I guess that's a part of it (a tiny liiiittle part - I've worked so hard to get to where I am in terms of that body image stuff and I am not going back!) but more the fact that I like doing runs and rides and hikes and all that. So yeah, that's that.

Anyway, that's all I got.

Pic du jour:
(I Heart Postsecret)


Song of the Day: Abandoned Pools - Monster

No comments:

Post a Comment