Sunday, December 26, 2010

Modernism

Technical difficulties
Always get in the way.

Damned if you do,
Damned if you don't.
Life goes on
In a different direction
Even if you're holding tight
To the wheel.
Maybe
You should've grabbed
The mast instead.

Cliches are cliches for a reason.
Doesn't mean you gotta believe em.
Wary, weary traveller, wary.
For the path is not always lit.
But Maybe
That's half the fun.

Don't know me.
Don't know you.
How can I validate "we?"
They tell you to "seize the day"
But "don't run too fast"
You're gonna hurt yourself
Tumbling and tripping
Stumbling on with wanting
And bruising by mistake
Shocked but not surprised
You gotta keep stumblin' on

Stared into the light to kill all my senses
Kill all the pain away
Because my bruises are fresh
And my wounds are raw
I keep feeling the salt rub
As if I'm supposed to be
Learning something.


No comments:

Post a Comment